- Dated: 1670 - 1787
- Culture: European
- Measurments: 100.25 cm
- Provenance: made by Bland, from whom it was acquired
Small sword with burnished steel hilt, vase-shaped pommel, chiselled with pierced scalework and trefoil. Barrel-shaped wooden grip bound with steel wire/foil/silk cord. Straight two-edged blade lenticular section later modified to ‘flaming blade’s used until the establishment of the Irish Free State in 1922, and was kept in Dublin until that date. It was added to the regalia in the Jewel House in 1959.